Fountain pens give you the privilege of continuous use while retaining all the beauty and functionality. From reliable stationery stores such as Notedian, you can access a wide selection of refillable fountain pens to meet your objectives.
Follow the right procedure when refilling
When your fountain pen runs out of ink, you can refill it in two main ways:
· Refill with a cartridge insert
· Refill with a converter insert
Most users choose to refill their fountain pens with a cartridge insert because it is easier when compared to refilling using a converter insert. For more information about these methods of refilling fountain pens, you can visit websites of reliable sellers.
Refilling with a cartridge insert
1. First off, remove the barrel of the fountain pen. This part is often easy to screw and unscrew by twisting the barrel accordingly.
2. Remove the used ink cartridge and place it on a blotting paper
3. Take the new cartridge and insert it in the section block. Apply pressure until the sharp end of the section block pierces one end of the cartridge. Ensure the cartridge is firmly in place.
4. Return the barrel in place and draw a few lines on a piece of paper to help the ink flow to the nib of the pen.
This method is simply the fastest and easiest to refill a fountain pen. However, you can still take a different route.
Refilling using a converter insert
This method requires a bit more practice, but the steps are as follows…
1. Start by removing the barrel, just as in refilling using cartridges.
2. Attach the open end of the converter to the section block.
3. Ensure the converter is steady in place.
4. Push the plunger to make it fully depressed.
5. Immerse the tip of the pen in the ink bottle.
6. Pull the plunger back in place. This process makes the inverter draw ink from the bottle.
7. Push the plunger slightly to release two or three drops of ink. Pull the plunger to its top point to bring in some air into the converter. This is helpful for the free flowing of ink.
With these steps, this method of refilling a fountain pen is not suitable for beginners. However, with a little practice, you can master the steps. After the refill process, replace the barrel and wipe off excess ink on the nib and the section block. You can draw a few lines on a piece of paper to set the ink flowing.
Preventing ink clogs
When the ink dries up on the nib of a fountain pen, it can cause a clog, making it difficult for the ink to flow through the nib. When this happens, you may not be able to use the pen even if the cartridge or inverter has ink. You can prevent ink clogs by storing your pen with the tip facing up. This helps ink drop into the cartridge or converter.
For additional information on fountain pens, this information from Notedian is equally valuable:
Business Name: Notedian Name: Notedian Address: 52-01 Flushing Ave, Queens, NY 11378 Contact Name: Thomas Phone: (718) 766-9272 Tagline: Online retailer of luxury fountain pens, fountain pens, fountain pen ink and art supplies Trading Hours: 9am to 7pm Trading Days: Monday - Friday Payment Types: Visa, MC, Amex, Paypal Year Founded: 2016